3 Effective Ways to Increase the Value of Your Home
February 28, 2018 Basement Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling
Home Improvement Projects That Can Easily Increase the Value of Your House
If you own a home, no matter what its age, sooner or later you may join the millions of people who remodel their homes each year. Perhaps it was that moment when you realized that avocado green and harvest gold are no longer the “in” colors for today’s trendy kitchens. Or maybe you had an epiphany one day as you stood in line to use your own bathroom. Whatever the impetus, the thought has crossed your mind: Maybe it’s time to remodel.
Once you have decided you would like to remodel your home, it’s important to focus on beneficial projects that actually add value to your home. You want to be spending money that could potentially come back to you if you decide to sell your house. So what are the home improvement projects that can bring the most value?
The Three Most Valuable Home Improvement Projects
1. Bathroom Remodel
With the wrong bathroom, getting ready in the morning turns into a kind of dance with your family or roommates as you both try to use the bathroom at the same time. There are lots of reasons to think about remodeling your bathroom:
- Wanting an additional sink so two people can brush their teeth at the same time.
- Longing for a better, bigger bathtub for those luxurious soaks.
- Needing more space in the shower, or to replace old, worn-looking fittings and doors.
- Realizing that the look of the bathroom is very dated and you’d like to get with the times.
- Hoping to make use of modern bathroom technologies like waterfall shower heads or water-saving toilets.
- Desperately needing more storage space, like extra drawers and cabinets, for all your bathroom supplies.
- Requiring a bathtub or shower that is easier to use as you age.
According to a survey from CNBC, those who remodeled their bathrooms had an 85 percent return on investment. Omaha Remodeling Associates can do an affordable bathroom remodel and help you get a return on the money spent for your bathroom remodel.
2. Kitchen Remodel
The kitchen is without a doubt the most essential room in a home. It is certainly the hub or many homes today. This space should be comfortable and welcoming, while reflecting both the homeowner’s personality and including a safe and efficient design solution.
Some new kitchen improvements with the most impact include:
- Give Cabinets a new look. Whether a replacement, a new coat of paint, or new hardware, the cabinets have a huge impact on the feel of your kitchen
- New appliances. According to a recent survey of buyers who bought homes without certain features, 69% of them said they would have paid more for new appliances.
- Add color. Paint can be an affordable way to transform a room.
- Make a splash with the backsplash. Installing or replacing a tile backsplash is relatively inexpensive and adds depth to your kitchen.
- Add an island. Custom islands add convenience, often including features like rolling casters and storage shelves.
According to Remodeling Magazine, a minor kitchen remodel has an 81 percent return on investment. Make sure to pick a professional that can help remodel your kitchen the correct way. You wouldn’t want to make a mistake and be without the use of your kitchen!
3. Basement Finishing
Do you have a dark basement you only use for storage? Would you like to add additional space to your home and maybe even another bedroom or bathroom? Not only do these additions increase the value of your home considerably, they can also add more daylight to the space, as bedrooms must meet current egress codes.
Finishing the basement will usually pay for itself, and sometimes more, in increased home value due to the finished square footage at the time of resale. ¾, full baths or powder rooms add to the value as well. Separate media rooms, with big screen HD monitors and surround sound, are very popular. You can also add a wet bar, home office, and full or modified kitchen.
The most beneficial way to guarantee you spend your money in the right place and to ensure that the remodeling is done correctly and to code is by hiring a professional remodeler to do the job.
Whatever the needs of your family, Omaha Remodeling Associates can put together a plan to make your dreams for your home a reality. Let us know how we can add value to your home with a remodeling project done by the best, Omaha Remodeling Associates. Contact us today