Your Omaha Remodeling Contractor!
If you own a home, no matter what its age, sooner or later you may join the millions of people who remodel their homes each year. Perhaps it was that moment when you realized that avocado green and harvest gold are no longer the “in” colors for today’s trendy kitchens. Or maybe you had an epiphany one day as you stood in line to use your own bathroom. Whatever the impetus, the thought has crossed your mind: Maybe it’s time to remodel. The reasons for remodeling are as varied as the projects we undertake. Some of these include:
- Adding more space
- Upgrading cabinets, counters, appliances, and fixtures. Creating a floor plan that’s customized for your lifestyle
- Improving energy efficiency with new windows, doors, insulation, and climate control systems
- Increasing the resale value of your home
Where to Begin
The first step is to develop an idea of what you want to do. Write a prioritized list of your needs and wants. Look at magazines and Web sites and collect pictures of what you like. The more clearly you can envision the project and describe it on paper, the better prepared you’ll be in making your decision.
Think about traffic patterns, furniture size and placement, colors, lighting and how you expect to use the remodeled space. If your decision to remodel involves creating better access for someone with limited mobility, you may want to consider contacting a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist.
Choose Your Options
Once you have created a list of what you would like out of your home, the next step is deciding how to accomplish your vision.
Hire a Professional. The best way to ensure your home dreams become reality is through the work of a professional. These remodelers are of the highest integrity and standards in the industry.
Why Hire a Professional?If you are considering a remodeling project, the most important decision you can make is selecting a professional remodeler to do the job. Your home is too important to entrust to anyone but a professional who can:
- Save you money by doing your job right the first time.
- Ensure that your dreams are accurately translated into reality by offering design services in-house or through an arrangement with a professional architect or designer.
- Understand that your comfort during the project and its successful completion depend on effective communication and follow-through.
- Maintain a safe and neat jobsite to prevent damage to your home or injury to household members and pets.
- Provide the best possible materials within your budget and assist you in making selections through the vendors they work with.
- Ensure that your job meets or exceeds applicable building codes and regulations.
- Guarantee the quality of their work with a warranty.
- Respond promptly to service calls and inquiries.